Picturehouse help us to bring great cinema to you. Find out everything you need to know about our partnership and how you can benefit.
Our three cinemas are run in partnership with the Picturehouse national cinema group. This helps us to bring you the best in film from around the world, ensuring we can show more great films on the date of release, stream more live events, and invest in our technology and facilities to give you the best possible cinema experience.
There's more to enjoy
Along with the latest blockbusters, Picturehouse presents a diverse selection of more unique films through special strands, as well as screenings tailored to visitors' needs.
- Screen Arts: see live broadcasts of theatre, ballet, opera and concerts from some of the finest arts organisations in the world, including the Royal Shakespeare Company, Bolshoi Ballet, Met Opera and National Theatre
- Silver Screen: over-60s can join the Silver Screen Club for free. Members get discounted tickets and a free tea or coffee at these screenings
- Big Scream: exclusively for parents or carers with babies under the age of one. Babies go free
- Vintage Sundays: classic films back on the big screen where they belong
- Picturehouse Docs: fascinating feature documentaries from around the world
- Discover Tuesdays: go off the beaten track with arthouse and independent delights
- E4 Slackers Club: free screenings exclusively for students
- Audio described and subtitled screenings
Becoming a member
Picturehouse membership comes with a host of benefits: free and discounted film tickets, exclusive early booking for special screenings, plus lots of local and national discounts, including 10% off in the Media Café and National Science and Media Museum Shop.
Looking for the latest?
Keep up to date with Picturehouse at National Science and Media Museum on Facebook and Twitter. Sign up for the weekly Picturehouse newsletter to have movie news and upcoming films sent straight to your inbox.