We can’t wait to welcome you back to the National Science and Media Museum.
The National Science and Media Museum is open 10.00–17.00, Wednesday to Sunday and every day during half term (23–31 October). Some things about your visit will be different to before and we are asking visitors to help keep our museum safe by following a few guidelines.
To enter the museum you’ll need to book a ticket online in advance. When booking you’ll be able to add extras such as a timed entry slot for the Games Lounge and food from our café. You won’t be able to get in without a ticket. Book your tickets online now.
Pictureville Cinema, including IMAX, is now open. Our full programme and tickets are available on our cinema pages. Please book your tickets online in advance.
Entry to the museum is free. Please consider making a donation to support our vital work, either online or using one of the contactless donation points within the museum.
We look forward to seeing you soon.
Important safety information
To reassure you and to ensure your visit with us is safe and enjoyable, we’ve put a number of measures in place. Please read the guidance below before visiting.
- We’ve introduced timed tickets to help us stagger the entry flow, reduce queues and limit the numbers of visitors to the museum. The museum is still free to enter but please book a ticket in advance
- You’ll need to bring your tickets to scan as you enter the museum. We can scan them on your phone and ask that you avoid printing them out if possible. Your ticket will give you an arrival time window; this helps us stagger the time slots and reduce any queues at the entrance
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult. Children aged 13–16 must provide parents’ or guardians’ contact details, in line with the government’s Track and Trace initiative
- Please wear a face covering during your visit, unless you have an exemption
- We’ve enhanced our cleaning processes. You can help us by washing your hands regularly, using hand sanitisers and avoiding touching your face
- Some areas of the museum might be one-way and some spaces might be tight. There will be signs on the floor and the walls to help you keep your distance and explore the museum safely
- Please use contactless payment if you can
- We will have lifts available for use. Please only use the lift with other members of your group, and use the stairs if you can
- Picnic spaces will be available. Please give each other plenty of space and don’t move tables; they are spaced to keep you safe. Take your rubbish with you if you can
- Some museum experiences and interactives may be closed. We’re following government advice closely and will reopen these as soon as we can. The latest information about what’s on will always be available on this website
- If you or anyone in your party suspects they may have Covid-19 symptoms, please don’t visit; stay home and self-isolate. We look forward to welcoming you when you are well
You can find more detailed information in our reopening FAQ.
The National Science and Media Museum, Pictureville, Bradford, BD1 1NQ
Other useful information
Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult. Children aged 13–16 can visit without an adult, but must provide parents’ or guardians’ contact details when booking, in line with the government’s Track and Trace initiative.
If you have questions about admission to the museum, read our full admission guidelines. The guidelines provide details of our conditions of entry, restricted items, and other useful information.
Free WiFi is available throughout the museum. Look for the ‘Free Museum WiFi’ network.
COVID-19 INDUSTRY STANDARD
In partnership with The National Tourist Organisations of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, we have followed government and industry Covid-19 guidelines, ensuring processes are in place to maintain cleanliness and aid social/physical distancing.