The museum is open daily, 10.00–17.00.
The museum will be closed on:
- 5, 6, 12, 13,19 and 20 September 2022
- Every 24–26 December
Essential information for your visit
- We recommend booking a free ticket online in advance. When booking you’ll be able to add extras such as a timed entry slot for the Games Lounge (£2 per person).
- You can book your cinema tickets online in advance. Our full programme and tickets are available on our cinema pages.
The time on your ticket is your arrival window. Once you're at the museum, you're welcome to stay for as long as you like.
Below are some suggestions for how much time you'll need for our most popular activities:
Games Lounge: 30 minutes
IMAX 3D films: 1 hour (including trailers)
Temporary exhibitions: 30 minutes – 2 hours
- Wearing a face covering at the museum isn’t compulsory. We encourage mask wearing, particularly at busy times, so that everyone feels welcome and safe during their visit.
- You should find all the information you need to plan a visit on this page and in our reopening FAQ. If you have any further questions, you can contact us.
- Entry to the museum is free. Please consider supporting our vital work, by either donating online or using one of the contactless donation points in the museum.
Museum floor plan
Food and drink
CAFÉ: Open Wednesday to Sunday, 10.00–16.00
PICTUREVILLE BAR: Open Wednesday to Sunday for cinema customers
Our café and bar serve delicious food and a huge range of drinks. We have picnic areas available too.
All our galleries are suitable for visitors with disabilities, many of our staff have special training, and we offer a range of services and aids to make your visit as comfortable as possible.
If you have any special requirements, call us on 0844 856 3797 and we’ll help you arrange your visit.
Other useful information
COVID-19 INDUSTRY STANDARD
In partnership with The National Tourist Organisations of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, we have followed government and industry Covid-19 guidelines, ensuring processes are in place to maintain cleanliness and aid social/physical distancing.