This zone is packed with things to see, do and try. Discover your inner engineer with demonstrations and experiments, sample life as an astronaut on board the Samsung Bus, and don’t miss Titan the Robot’s hilarious show.
Climb aboard the Samsung Bus to sample life on the International Space Station! Experience astronaut training on the lower deck, then head upstairs to try out Space Descent VR with Tim Peake (age 13+ only), an incredible virtual reality experience that recreates the 400km journey back to Earth from the ISS.
Titan the Robot
When: 30-minute shows at 11.30, 14.00, 16.00
He was a huge hit at last year’s festival—now Titan the Robot is back! Don’t miss the ultimate in entertainment, with dancing, comedy and fun for all the family.
Major Jack Union
When: Storytelling sessions at 10.30, 12.00, 13.00, 15.00
Major Jack Union has spent a lifetime hunting monsters. Discover the truth about their secret world—and how the Major uses his vast scientific knowledge to defeat them.
Across City Park, you’ll have the opportunity to meet STEM organisations, businesses and charities from Bradford and beyond. Budding scientists and engineers can get advice about education and careers, and there’ll be plenty of fun activities to try too.
- HALE HALE, Bradford’s healthy living charity, will be visiting the festival to invite you on board their mobile venue. Enjoy family activities, learn about self-care, and find out about nutrition and healthy lifestyles.
- Born in Bradford Born in Bradford is one of the largest family studies in the world. Find out more about their incredible research.
- University of Bradford What can the human skeleton tell us about how people of the past lived and died? Get hands-on with replica bones and put your skeletal questions to experts from the University!
- Bradford College Try out a range of demos and experiments, from taste confusion and bridge-building to microbiological structures.
- Specsavers How is technology changing the way we see and hear? Explore the latest developments and discover the amazing things we can learn from a simple eye test.
- West Yorkshire Institute of Physics Explore science that ignites curiosity and reveals the wonders of the physical world.
- PeaPodicity Explore STEM through interactive experiences from an award-winning Augmented Reality studio.
- The Science of Sound What does sound look like? The University of Leeds Food Physics group will be displaying equipment that explains and demonstrates some unexpected uses of sound waves.