Join us for an evening discussion event—everyone’s welcome to help us explore the latest ideas in science and technology.
What is Café Scientifique?
Café Scientifique is a friendly and collaborative exploration of the latest breakthroughs in science—all from the comfort of our café! The event takes place once a month, on a Thursday evening (see below for a full list of dates).
You’ll hear about, discuss and debate some of the most recent advances and discoveries in science and healthcare, and their importance to society.
Each event has a theme—they’ve included everything from the latest in physics to the science of music, from nanotechnology to biology.
Café Scientifique is a great way to meet new people and exercise your mind. Come along and discuss the discoveries you’ve seen in the headlines, or learn something completely new.
What you need to know
- Café Scientifique is a free event, but booking is recommended
- Café Scientifique is suitable for all ages and abilities, but we’re not pulling any scientific punches: some events may have adult themes or content
- Our café and bar will be open so you can grab some drinks and a bite to eat
- Donations are welcome! You can donate online or at the event
- Filming and photography may take place throughout the event
- Keep up to date—follow Café Scientifique on Facebook and Twitter