Join us for an online discussion event—everyone’s welcome to help us explore the latest ideas in science and technology.
The next event will take place on Thursday 28 January 2021 from 18.30. This discussion will be hosted on Zoom. Book your free place and you’ll be able to access the event link by logging into your account on the day of the event.
Lessons through reflection: A nurse’s perspective on working in Covid-19
Danni Woods and Lucy Lowe
How does a hospital A&E department adapt to a pandemic? Danni Woods, Adult Nurse Lecturer at the University of Bradford, and Sister Lucy Lowe will examine how the events leading up to the national lockdown were translated into routine nursing practice in an inner-city hospital.
The preliminary data collected from nurses working in A&E provides insight into their thoughts and feelings about working in a frontline service. This data will also inform further service evaluation, looking at the coping strategies nurses have used to maintain their health and wellbeing during the pandemic.
What you need to know
- This event will take place online via Zoom
- It’s free to join, but booking is required
- After booking you will be able to access the event link by logging into your account. If you have any problems accessing the link on the day of the event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- The stream will be live from 18.20 so you can test your sound
- The talk will be recorded and will be available online after the event
- Donations are welcome! You can donate online
- Café Scientifique is suitable for all ages and abilities, but some events may have adult themes or content
What is Café Scientifique?
Café Scientifique is a friendly and collaborative exploration of the latest breakthroughs in science. You’ll hear about, discuss and debate some of the most recent advances and discoveries in science and healthcare, and their importance to society.
Each event has a theme—they’ve included everything from the latest in physics to the science of music, from nanotechnology to biology.
Café Scientifique is a great way to meet new people and exercise your mind. Discuss the discoveries you’ve seen in the headlines, or learn something completely new.