Hear leading scientists and environmental journalists explore the many aspects of carbon capture, including reforestation and rewilding as well as a range of industrial methods.
As well as reducing our CO2 emissions, capturing carbon from the atmosphere could be another way to limit climate change. We’ll be discussing whether this approach offers a solution to the unfolding climate crisis or if it simply offers a false sense of security. This live YouTube event will look at the practicalities, pitfalls and opportunities.
- Dr Emily Shuckburgh: Director of Cambridge Zero at the University of Cambridge
- George Monbiot: Environmental activist, Guardian columnist and bestselling author of several books including the upcoming This Can’t Be Happening, published in 2021
- Professor Gideon Henderson: Chief Scientific Advisor at the Department of Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA)
- Professor Nilay Shah: Head of Department of Chemical Engineering, Imperial College
- Robin Ince (Chair): Broadcaster, author, co-presenter of The Infinite Monkey Cage and Cosmic Shambles
Further speakers to be announced.