At the museum, Bradford Science Festival weekend will be devoted to the incredible world of Doctor Who. What can the Doctor’s adventures tell us about engineering?
Kodak Gallery, Level –1
- Steampunk TARDIS Snap a selfie with a post-apocalyptic TARDIS and clockwork droid! The Ministry of Steampunk will be on hand to reveal the wonder behind some of their sci-fi creations
- VR Droids Enter the space-time continuum in virtual reality (age 13+ only)
- Engineering a Dalek Discover the workings of a Dalek with this special display
Museum foyer, Level 0
- Cyber Legion Meet members of this Doctor Who fan group, who’ll be appearing in costume as some of your favourite characters!
- Meet the Daleks Check out—and interact with!—nine full-size replica Daleks, created by Sons of Skaro
- Mask making See a display of masks and moulds, plus a sculpting demo that will show how masks and SFX makeup are created for film and TV
- Face painting Get your face painted with an engineering-themed design, then show off your new look with our special Snapchat filter!
Wonderlab, Level 3
- 10.30: The Science of Monster Hunting Major Jack Union has spent a lifetime hunting monsters. Discover how he uses his vast scientific knowledge to defeat them
- 11.30, 13.30: Maths and Animation Show This interactive, musical show will explain the maths used in creating animations—all without any formulae!
TV Gallery, Level 3
- Doctor Who display See a range of costumes and props from the show, and learn how real science and engineering ideas are used to develop them
Makespace, Level 4
- Diorama workshop Find out how to make a diorama (a miniature film set), and contribute to a collaborative Doctor Who diorama which will be displayed at the end of the festival
- Dancing Dalek Buy a Fizzbit Kit from the museum shop, and our Explainers will help you use it to make your very own dancing Dalek to take home!