Join our friendly after-school club to explore your scientific curiosity together as a family.
Ever thought ‘I don’t know!’ about a question your child has asked? Don’t panic—the answer is ‘let’s find out together’.
Learning together as a family helps us become confident, lifelong learners. Children develop skills and achieve more at school, while parents and carers reconnect to learning. Most importantly, it's a great way to spend time together, connecting as a family.
Join our friendly group to learn STEM (science, technology, engineering and maths) skills as a family in our new fun-filled after-school sessions.
We’re hosting two taster sessions for families with young people aged 6–11 and 11–14 to explore essential skills in a fun and inspiring way. No lab coats, no technical language—just the joy of discovering your scientific curiosity together as a family.
You’ll be inspired by our scientific collection and create your own version using your imagination, a range of materials and a little know-how from us.
What you need to know
- This event is free, but booking is required
- Sessions will start at the advertised time, so please arrive on time
- We’ve timed the events to cater for different ages, but if you really want to attend and can only make the other time slot, you’ll still be welcome
- These sessions are for families to learn together, so there must be at least one adult per 6 children—but feel free to bring along the whole family
- We’re hoping these will be the first sessions of many, starting up again in September 2022. If you want to let us know how you find the session, feedback after the event will be greatly appreciated.