Try something new, do something different! Join us for an adults-only night at the museum packed with live shows and experiments, talks, comedy, music and more.
At our March Lates, we’ll be tackling the theme of Climate and Environment, taking a scientific look at how we can help the environment at a local level.
We’re partnering with Bradford Council for an inspiring and thought-provoking programme exploring the sustainability initiatives you can find on your doorstep. With activities and advice from regional organisations and charities, we’ll show that no-one’s too small to make a difference.
- 18.30: Café Scientifique Join us in the Café on Level 0 for this evening discussion event—everyone’s welcome! Dr Chris Hassall will explain what insects can tell us about climate change. Event information and tickets for Café Scientifique
- 20.30: Film screening: 2040 (PG) We’re showing Damon Gameau’s thought-provoking film in Cubby Broccoli Cinema. 2040 blends traditional documentary with drama and visual effects to explore how we could regenerate the planet. Cinema ticket charges apply. Event information and tickets for 2040 (PG)
- Local brewery Goose Eye will be offering free beer throughout the evening
Keep an eye on this page—the full programme will be announced soon!
Lates is a free, adults-only night at the museum. Four times a year, we open our doors after hours and host a fantastic range of special guests, events and activities. Each Lates has a theme—they’ve included everything from space and music to the science of the future!
There’s always loads going on at Lates. You might find yourself enjoying live comedy or music, listening to a lightning talk from a scientist or artist, or getting involved in something creative. There are tours of our collection, live experiments, and opportunities to explore the museum’s galleries after dark...
Our café and bar will be open too, so you can grab some drinks and a bite to eat. Lates is a great way to meet people, share stories, have a laugh and experience something new!
- Lates is a free event, but booking is recommended
- Donations are welcome! You can donate online or at the event
- Lates events are suitable for ages 18+
- Filming and photography takes place throughout Lates